Who should attend
Managers seeking to upskill their risk management expertise, including:
- Mine, project or section managers
- Mine captains
- Plant supervisors
- Senior technical staff
- Safety managers and practitioners
- Division or corporate technical and functional staff such as engineering, ventilation, safety, human resources, finance, and procurement.
There are no compulsory prerequisites for this course.
Knowledge of how to apply risk management processes (RIIRIS301E) is recommended.
What you'll learn
- Explaining complex risk management information to superiors/subordinates.
- Applying coaching and mentoring support to supervisors who are carrying out risk management activities.
- Preparing written reports, communicating the options for managing risk, clarifying the decisions and reviewing of outcomes.
- Performing audits of risk management processes.
- Recognising positive behaviours of others contributing to the management of risk.
This is an in-person course that will require roughly 48 hours to complete.
- 20 hours of study using online materials
- 4-day workshop
- Plus 3 assignments
Participants will need to submit 3 assessment pieces.
Certification and accreditation
Showcase your capabilities with a Digital Certificate that verifies your skills and achievements.
Gives managers a more holistic appreciation of safety risk assessment and management approaches.
Kym Mosey, Mining Superintendent, Tomingley Gold Operations
|Individual domestic ex. GST
|Individual international (GST not payable)
See terms and conditions (PDF, 123.12 KB).
GST is excluded from the cost
We accept credit cards (Visa/MasterCard) for payment, including corporate credit cards. If you do not have access to a card, please contact our team at email@example.com to discuss your options.
50 Pitt Street
Singleton, NSW, 2330