Who should attend
- General practitioners
- Health practitioners involved with skin cancer practice
- Professionals who may encounter skin lesions during their work, such as in physiotherapy, podiatry, natural therapy, massage therapy or hairdressing
This course is suitable for anyone who is:
- working in skin cancer diagnostics or has a sound foundation of clinical knowledge and skills
- working in other professions, such as hairdressing and the beauty industry.
What you'll learn
- Understand skin evolution, embryology, micro-anatomy, histology and physiology.
- Learn the pathology of skin and skin malignancies.
- Understand the principles of effective skin cancer history-taking and clinical examination.
- Learn to correlate dermatoscopy and dermatopathology and how they integrate with clinical practice.
This is an online course that will require roughly 65 hours to complete.
- 6 hours of classes (via Zoom)
- 59 hours of study outside of class
- Over 14 weeks
- Topic 1: History, Embryology, Evolution, Vitamin D, Microanatomy, Melanin/Melanocytes.
- Topic 2: Clinical examination, Introduction to dermatoscopy; Algorithms; Language of dermatoscopy.
- Topic 3: Dermatoscopic decision algorithm for pigmented skin lesions; Chaos and Clues.
- Topic 4: Dermatoscopic decision algorithm for non-pigmented skin lesions; Prediction without Pigment.
- Topic 5: Dermatopathology.
There is an open-book assessment for each module, plus you’ll need to complete one open-book written assignment.
Certification and accreditation
Showcase your capabilities with a Digital Badge that verifies your skills and achievements.
Please copy the course code before registering.
GST is included in the cost
We accept credit cards (Visa/MasterCard) for payment, including corporate credit cards. If you do not have access to a card, please contact our team at email@example.com to discuss your options.