Ready to apply? Follow these steps.
Step 1: Create an account
Create an account in UQ Online Applications. If applying online isn't possible for you, contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 2: Complete your application
Complete the application form and include any required documents. You can save your application and return to it later.
In your application, you'll need to:
- select the courses you want to study
- upload a copy of your official university transcript
- upload a copy of your passport or national ID card
- provide proof of your English language proficiency (if required).
Upload documents as PDFs to reduce their file size.
Step 3: Submit your application
When you're satisfied your application is complete, submit it.
Make sure you submit your application by the relevant closing date:
- Semester 1 (Feb-June) applications: 31 October of the previous year
- Semester 2 (July-Nov) applications: 31 March of the same year
There is some flexibility, so if the deadline has passed and you'd still like to submit an application, contact us.
Your home university will have its own application dates for exchange students. They are responsible for nominating you and informing you of the application process.
However, the recommended deadlines for your application to UQ are:
- Semester 1 (Feb-June) applications: 30 September of the previous year
- Semester 2 (July-Nov) applications: 28 February of the same year
Step 4: Manage your application
After you've submitted your application, you can log in to My Applications to:
- track the progress of your application
- withdraw your application
- accept, decline or defer an offer
- ask a question using the messaging function.
Some courses require approval from the relevant UQ faculty or school before you can enrol. If this applies to any of your course selections, we'll make the request on your behalf and let you know whether or not they are approved with your letter of offer.