Skip to menu Skip to content Skip to footer

You're viewing this site as a domestic an international student

You're a domestic student if you are:

  • a citizen of Australia or New Zealand,
  • an Australian permanent resident, or
  • a holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa.

You're an international student if you are:

  • intending to study on a student visa,
  • not a citizen of Australia or New Zealand,
  • not an Australian permanent resident, or
  • a temporary resident (visa status) of Australia.
You're viewing this site as a domestic an international student

Respond to your offer

If you've received an offer to study at UQ, congratulations!

Log in to My Applications to accept, decline or defer your offer. 

If you accept your offer, we'll send you an enrolment pack with information about studying at UQ.

Make sure you read your offer letter carefully for specific information about how to accept your offer.

If there are conditions you still need to satisfy, you'll be sent a conditional offer. You must meet any conditions before you can accept the offer.

How to accept your offer

If you applied through UQ Online Applications, log in to:

  • accept your offer
  • pay your tuition fee deposit
  • pay your Overseas Student Health Cover (if you're organising this through UQ).

If you didn't apply through UQ Online Applications, you'll need to email Send your:

  • signed acceptance and payment details form
  • tuition fee deposit
  • Overseas Student Health Cover payment (if you're organising this through UQ).

Paying your tuition fee deposit

We use Flywire for tuition fee deposits. Flywire lets you securely pay your deposit from almost any country or bank in your home currency.

  1. Log in to UQ Online Applications.
  2. Click the payment request notification to access the payment page.
  3. Select the Flywire payment method. Follow the step-by-step instructions to pay through Flywire (PDF, 3MB).

What happens next

We'll process your payment. If everything is okay, we'll issue your Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE). Log in to UQ Online Applications to view your CoE once it has been issued.

A CoE is an official document that confirms you have a place in a UQ program. You need a CoE to apply for a student visa.

If you need to, you can request to defer, interrupt or withdraw from your studies.

Deferring your studies

To defer your studies means to delay the start of your program to a future semester.

If you want to defer, submit a request via UQ Online Applications.

If you can't request deferral through UQ Online Applications, email In your email include:

  • your student number
  • the semester you would like to defer to
  • the reasons you want to defer.

Interrupting studies

If you've started your program and you want to take a break, you'll need to apply for an interruption.

An interruption is different to deferring studies and you must seek advice from your faculty before applying.

Interruptions will affect your study plan, and approval will depend on your reasons for applying. Taking an interruption can also affect your student visa.

Read more about interrupting studies

Withdrawing from studies

Dropping a course or dropping out of a program is called withdrawing. You can withdraw from a single course, several courses or your entire program.

You must seek advice from your faculty before withdrawing. Changing your study load can affect your student visa. Academic or financial penalties may also apply.

Read more about withdrawing