At UQ, you can find a mentor, become a mentor, or both. Make the most of your university experience and help your peers do the same – all while making friendships that will last long after you graduate.
Share your knowledge
From supporting new students in the transition to uni life to fostering positive cultural, social and professional connections, this is your first stop in learning how you can get involved.
What we offer
Mentoring opportunities at UQ range from helping new students settle in with one-on-one guidance, to providing academic and career support to small groups. Whichever approach you choose, becoming a mentor provides a unique way to develop your leadership skills and interpersonal capabilities.
Participate in a mentoring program as a mentor or mentee to build your connections.
As a UQ mentor, you’ll get to:
- make new friends while growing your professional network
- practise your leadership capabilities by providing guidance to others
- have fun and get involved in the UQ community.
As a UQ mentee, you’ll gain:
- real industry perspective
- practical advice to prepare for future career goals.
Discover mentoring programs at UQ.