Skip to menu Skip to content Skip to footer

You're viewing this site as a domestic an international student

You're a domestic student if you are:

  • a citizen of Australia or New Zealand,
  • an Australian permanent resident, or
  • a holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa.

You're an international student if you are:

  • intending to study on a student visa,
  • not a citizen of Australia or New Zealand,
  • not an Australian permanent resident, or
  • a temporary resident (visa status) of Australia.
You're viewing this site as a domestic an international student

Step 6 of 7

Respond to your offer

Study abroad and exchange admissions

If you're interested in opportunities to study overseas as a UQ student, learn more about global experiences.

If you've received an offer to study at UQ, congratulations! Complete the steps below to accept your offer.

Check your details are correct

Ensure your name and date of birth are correct in your offer letter and exactly match your passport. Any errors may cause problems when you apply for your student visa.

Review your course approval report

If some of your courses have not been approved, or you want to make changes to your course selections, email

If some courses are still pending approval, we'll send you an updated course report once the status of all your courses has been finalised.

You do not need to wait until your courses have been finalised before you accept your offer.

Accept your offer

Log in to UQ Online Applications and accept your offer.

Pay your fees (if applicable)

If you are paying your fees directly to UQ and not to your home university, you'll receive an invoice with details of your tuition fees and/or Overseas Student Health Cover insurance (OSHC).

To check and pay your invoice:

  1. Log in to UQ Online Applications.
  2. Click the payment request notification to access the payment page.
  3. Select the Flywire payment method. Follow the step-by-step instructions to pay through Flywire (PDF, 3MB).

We use Flywire for payments as it lets you securely make payments from almost any country or bank in your home currency.

If your home university or study abroad provider is paying your OSHC or tuition fees on your behalf, we will liaise with them directly and you will not receive an invoice from UQ.

What happens next

We'll process your payment. If everything is okay, we'll issue your Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE). Log in to UQ Online Applications to view your CoE once it has been issued.

A CoE is an official document that confirms you have a place in a UQ program. You need a CoE to apply for a student visa.

If you need to, you can request to defer or withdraw from your studies.

Deferring your studies

To defer your studies means to delay the start of your program to a future semester.

If you want to defer, submit a request via UQ Online Applications.

If you can't request deferral through UQ Online Applications, email In your email include:

  • your student number
  • the semester you would like to defer to
  • the reasons you want to defer.

Withdrawing from studies

Dropping out of a program is called withdrawing. You must email and seek advice from your study abroad or exchange office at your home university before withdrawing. Academic or financial penalties may also apply.

Read more about withdrawing