If you've passed certain subjects or completed university study while at school, you may receive adjustments to boost your selection rank.
Who is eligible
You can apply for our Subject Incentive Scheme if you're:
- currently completing Year 12 in Australia (including International Baccalaureate students), or
- an Australian citizen currently completing an approved overseas senior matriculation program (assessed as equivalent to Queensland senior studies).
How it works
The number of adjustments you're eligible for will depend on the courses you've completed. You can receive:
- 2 adjustments for achieving a grade of C or higher in Units 3 and 4 of an approved language other than English subject (or an equivalent subject from another approved senior program)
- 2 adjustments for achieving a grade of C or higher in Units 3 and 4 of Queensland Specialist Mathematics (or equivalent)
- 1 adjustment for successfully completing a university-level enrichment course concurrently with your senior program (e.g. our Enhanced Studies Program).
You can receive a maximum of 5 adjustments.
If you're eligible for adjustments, your entry score will be converted to a selection rank. Any adjustments will be added to this rank. Each adjustment is equivalent to 1 rank.
The Subject Incentive Scheme doesn't apply to scholarships.
How to apply
For most students, there is no need to apply for the Subject Incentive Scheme.
If you apply through QTAC, adjustments are automatically applied to your UQ preferences.
The following exceptions apply: