High school visits
We'll visit your high school in Queensland or Northern NSW, present via zoom, or attend your study and career expo events.
Our student recruitment team and student ambassadors can come to your school or conduct a virtual presentation on a range of topics. We can tailor sessions to your needs, and blend 2 topics into a single session. Presentations take up to 45 minutes, including Q&A.
Topics you can choose from include:
Year 10: Subject selection
- Help selecting senior subjects.
- Prerequisites for different study and career options.
- Overview of student life at UQ.
Year 11: The future of work
- The 7 job clusters within the Australian workforce explained.
- Importance of enterprising skills.
- How to enhance your employability.
- Impact of automation.
Year 11/12: Welcome to UQ
- Overview of studying at UQ: our campuses, student life, unique programs and scholarships.
- Key information on a range of topics, from global opportunities to subject prerequisites.
Year 11/12: Medicine at UQ
- How the admission process for medicine at UQ works.
- Pathway options.
- Overview of the UCAT and tertiary prerequisite courses.
Year 12: Transition to university
- How to apply through QTAC.
- Respond to an offer.
- Enrol and plan a timetable.
- What life is like as a university student.
Year 12: Scholarships explained
Tips on how to apply for UQ’s broad range of scholarships, including academic, sporting, equity assistance, and subject-specific options.
You can book a lunchtime session to cover a particular topic or study area, including:
- Arts, humanities, social sciences and education
- Business, economics and law
- Engineering, design, computing, architecture and planning
- Health, behavioural sciences and medicine
- Science, maths, agriculture and environment.
- Only school career advisers or an authorised school contact can request a presentation.
- We require 4 weeks' notice for your preferred dates.
Our student recruitment team and student ambassadors can attend your school-based study and careers events to help your students choose their future.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (07) 3346 9649.