Understand the complexities of responsible resource extraction and upskill in the rapidly evolving field of Social Impact Assessment (SIA).
In this course, you’ll learn the latest SIA practices and how to improve the way resource companies engage with society.
You’ll examine the challenges and opportunities for extractives-sector Social Impact Assessments, as well as critical issues such as:
- consultation and consent
- impact and benefit agreements
- project closure
- social vulnerability.
Who should attend
- Social Impact Assessment (SIA) practitioners
- Resources extraction professionals.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
What you'll learn
- Identify recurring issues in extractive sector social impact assessments
- Apply ‘Theory of change’ thinking to SIA
- Know how to build an effective social baseline
- Distinguish free, prior, and informed consent and ethics
- Examine developments in the field, including community-controlled SIAs
- Implement SIA and social impact monitoring programs.
This is an online course that will require roughly 21 hours to complete.
- 18 hours of online content
- 3 hours of webinars
- Over 6 weeks.
There is no assessment. However, to receive the Certificate you will need to attend the lectures and interact with the online material via the discussion boards and Padlets.
Certification and accreditation
Students who successfully complete the course will receive a Certificate of Completion to verify their skills and achievements.
|Individual domestic ex. GST||A$2,000|
|Individual international (GST not payable)||A$2,000|
Please see the Terms and Conditions (PDF, 123.12 KB).
Visit the Sustainable Minerals Institute website.
GST is excluded from the costPayment options
We accept credit cards (Visa/MasterCard) for payment, including corporate credit cards. If you do not have access to a card, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options.