Queensland Biology Winter School – Year 12
- Live and breathe biology: explore and solve challenges in contemporary topics in biology including genetics, phylogenetics, plant science, evolutionary biology, and quantitative biology (aligned with subject matter in the QCE and IB Biology syllabuses) through interactive lectures, practicals, workshops, and tutorials.
- Gain scientific skills in literacy, communication, and analysis of biological data (useful skills for QCE Internal Assessment 3: Research Investigation and IB Extended Essay).
- Study with biologists who are passionate about their subject – from leading researchers to teaching specialists, and current students at the start of their research careers, all eager to share their knowledge and enthusiasm with you.
- Make friends with other students from around the state and discover how much fun it is to be around people who love biology.
- Introductory genetics including bacterial transformation and gene regulation
- Animal behaviour and co-evolution
- Pollination ecology and bioinformatics
Students commencing Year 12 in 2022 who have chosen to study QCE Biology or IB Biology.
Applications are open. When you apply you need to submit:
- a letter of recommendation from your biology teacher
- a personal statement about why you are interested in attending 12QBWS, and how this might support your learning beyond high school.
In-person attendance: $143 (including GST). This cost includes a limited edition 12QBWS T-shirt.
Online attendance: $88 (including GST). This cost includes postage of a limited edition 12QBWS T-shirt.
If you're coming from outside the Brisbane region, you'll also need to pay for any travel and accommodation costs.Find accommodation options.
For more information, email Science at firstname.lastname@example.org.