Achieve environmental effectiveness at your mine site with the latest environmental management advice.
As a mine site leader in Queensland, you must be across multiple legal requirements and voluntary commitments and lead your teams to move beyond mere compliance into best practice.
We’ll equip you with the knowledge and tools to meet the requirements and improve your site’s environmental performance.
Who should attend
This course is designed for Queensland mine site leaders as it outlines accountabilities under Queensland legislation.
There are no entry requirements.
What you'll learn
- Understand your accountabilities under relevant legislation and international and national schemes.
- Communicate the extent of your voluntary commitments.
- Provide strategies to go beyond compliance, improve environmental performance and influence stakeholders.
This is an online course that will require roughly 3 hours to complete.
The Achieving Environmental Effectiveness Masterclass shares the latest research and best practice in three sections:
- Legal Accountabilities outlines the personal and corporate obligations imposed on leaders and their mine sites – directly or indirectly – by Queensland legislation.
- Voluntary Obligations covers the most relevant voluntary commitments to international and national schemes and stakeholder expectations for the mining industry’s environmental performance.
- Approaches and Tools looks at how managers can organise and lead teams to fulfil their environmental obligations. Essential components include skilling your teams, having technical support, and having a reliable system for tracking compliance. We also provide practical suggestions for moving beyond compliance to achieve even better outcomes.
There is no assessment for this course.
|Individual domestic ex. GST||A$400|
|Individual international (GST not payable)||A$400|
Please see the Terms and Conditions (PDF, 123.12 KB).
Visit the Sustainable Minerals Institute website.
GST is excluded from the costPayment options
We accept credit cards (Visa/MasterCard) for payment, including corporate credit cards. If you do not have access to a card, please contact our team at email@example.com to discuss your options.
This course is part of the Health, Safety and Environmental Management Masterclass series suite. There are 2 courses within this suite – see the other related courses below:
- Health, Safety and Environmental Management Masterclass series 1 – Creating and Sustaining a Healthy Workplace