Mine Water Systems focuses on sampling and monitoring, data management, mine water quality, mine site water balance and regulated structures, subsidence and watercourse diversions.
This is part 2 of 2 courses on managing water within the Mine Site Environmental Management Program. The program is designed to equip junior environmental personnel with the technical skills necessary to implement best-practice environmental management.
Who should attend
Junior environmental personnel.
You will need to complete Mine Site Environmental Program Part 1 – Mine Water Fundamentals – before enrolling in this course.
An ArcGIS Pro license is required. If it is not available through employment conditions, a personal ArcGIS Pro licence can be purchased on Esri’s website.
Computer system requirements: preferably 16GB of RAM (memory); 8GB is recommended as a minimum. All GIS workflows that are provided in the courses were tested with 16GB Memory system, Intel i7 processor (3GHz), Intel Iris Xe integrated GPU (8GB), Samsung NVMe SSD.
What you'll learn
- Legislative and regulatory requirements that apply to mine water systems.
- How to manage a sampling program and associated monitoring network, and interpret and analyse water quality data.
- How to identify the various elements of a mine water system and develop a mine water balance.
- The requirements for managing regulated structures on a mine site.
- Site-specific issues such as the influence of groundwater on pit slope stability, impacts of subsidence, and requirements for watercourse diversions
- How to submit incident reports to regulators.
This is an online course that will require roughly 70 hours to complete.
You will need to complete regular tasks and submit them as one final assessment at the end of the course.
Certification and accreditation
Students who successfully complete the course will receive a Certificate of Completion to verify their skills and achievements.
|Individual domestic ex. GST||A$3,000|
|Individual international (GST not payable)||A$3,000|
Please see the Terms and Conditions – UQ Pay (PDF, 123.12 KB).
Visit the Sustainable Minerals Institute website.
GST is excluded from the costPayment options
We accept credit cards (Visa/MasterCard) for payment, including corporate credit cards. If you do not have access to a card, please contact our team at email@example.com to discuss your options.
This course is part of the Mine Site Environmental Management Program suite. There are 3 courses within this suite – see the other related courses below:
- Mine Site Environmental Management Program 1 – Mine Water Fundamentals
- Mine Site Environmental Management Program 3 – Soil, Erosion and Sediment Control, Tailings and Residue