This field of study will develop students with technical and research skills, a global perspective on professional engineering practice and the competence to identify and apply current practice to solve real-world engineering problems.
All students complete a two-semester research project or industry placement giving you invaluable experience in developing, managing and delivering on complex projects.
Electrical engineers are employed in a wide range of organisations including industries, educational institutions, companies and governments. Some graduates also go on to establish their own companies early in their careers. Electrical engineers typically find careers in areas such as:
- Signal and image processing
- Robotics and intelligent systems
- Computer systems
- Electric power generation transmission and distribution
- Biomedical instrumentation, imaging, diagnostics and decision support systems
- Mining and transport
- Defense, aviation and automotive technologies