Understand the principles and practice of effective incident investigation and how to achieve better system safety.
Co-designed by academic and industry leaders, this course will help you:
- Identify how to improve your management of incident investigation and analysis.
- Challenge how you make decisions and interact with your teams.
- Enhance your professional development of investigators and safety leaders.
- Make recommendations to address causal factors and improve systems.
Who should attend
Managers seeking to upgrade their understanding of incident investigation and analysis. Specifically:
- Mine or project-level general managers, mine managers, section managers, superintendents, mine captains, plant supervisors, senior technical staff, safety managers and practitioners, and incident investigators.
- Division or corporate technical and functional staff such as engineering, ventilation, safety, human resources, finance, and procurement.
- Contractor managers.
There are no entry requirements to enrol on this course.
What you'll learn
- Understand the value of robust incident investigation and analysis to system safety.
- Develop internal skills for collecting and analysing evidence and identifying incident trends.
- Understand the value of personally committing to managing incident investigations and setting accountability.
- Know how to make recommendations for enhancing safety.
- Identify new opportunities for continuous improvement.
This is an in-person course that will require roughly 48 hours to complete.
- 20 hours of study using online materials
- 4-day workshop
Participants must complete 3 assessments during the workshop to demonstrate they have acquired adequate incident investigation and analysis skills.
Certification and accreditation
Showcase your capabilities with a Digital Certificate that verifies your skills and achievements.
|Individual domestic ex. GST||A$3,200|
|Individual international (GST not payable)||A$3,200|
Please see the Terms and Conditions (PDF, 123.12 KB).
Visit the Sustainable Minerals Institute website.
GST is excluded from the costPayment options
We accept credit cards (Visa/MasterCard) for payment, including corporate credit cards. If you do not have access to a card, please contact our team at email@example.com to discuss your options.
Sir James Foots Building (#47A)
Sustainable Minerals Institute
Level 4 Seminar Room
St Lucia, QLD, 4067