Who should attend
- Mine, project or section managers
- Mine captains
- Plant supervisors
- Senior technical staff
- Safety managers and practitioners.
- Division or corporate technical and functional staff.
There are no entry requirements.
What you'll learn
- Identify the critical components of OHS management systems.
- Identify generic occupational health and safety hazards within the mining industry and mechanisms for their control, including fatigue, noise, respirable dust, diesel emissions, radiation, light and musculoskeletal conditions.
- Demonstrate the ability to critique existing OHS Management systems at a mine site.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop systems to manage these hazards in accordance with relevant legislation.
This is an in-person course that will require roughly 42 hours to complete.
- 4-day workshop
- 10 hours of additional pre-reading using online materials
Participants submit 3 assessment pieces and an online quiz.
Certification and accreditation
Showcase your capabilities with a Digital Certificate that verifies your skills and achievements.
|Individual domestic ex. GST
|Individual international (GST not payable)
Please see the Term and Conditions (PDF, 123.12 KB).
GST is excluded from the cost
We accept credit cards (Visa/MasterCard) for payment, including corporate credit cards. If you do not have access to a card, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options.
Sir James Foots Building (#47A)
Corner of College Rd and Staff House Rd, The University of Queensland
Room 470, Level 4 Seminar Room
St Lucia, QLD, 4067