Recognise generic mine occupational health and safety hazards and understand the impact they may have if they are not properly managed.
This course equips you with the skills and knowledge to develop, implement, evaluate and manage OHS Management Systems in the resources and infrastructure industries.
The G7 (MINE7041) Mine Occupational Health and Safety Management Program is mapped against the industry competencies:
- RIIWHS601E: Establish and maintain the WHS management systems
- RIIWHS602E: Incorporate health and hygiene factors into mine management.
Who should attend
- Mine, project or section managers
- Mine captains
- Plant supervisors
- Senior technical staff
- Safety managers and practitioners.
- Division or corporate technical and functional staff.
There are no entry requirements.
What you'll learn
- Identify the critical components of OHS management systems.
- Identify generic occupational health and safety hazards within the mining industry and mechanisms for their control, including fatigue, noise, respirable dust, diesel emissions, radiation, light and musculoskeletal conditions.
- Demonstrate the ability to critique existing OHS Management systems at a mine site.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop systems to manage these hazards in accordance with relevant legislation.
This is an in-person course that will require roughly 42 hours to complete.
- 4-day workshop
- 10 hours of additional pre-reading using online materials
Participants submit 3 assessment pieces and an online quiz.
Certification and accreditation
Showcase your capabilities with a Digital Certificate that verifies your skills and achievements.
|Individual domestic ex. GST||A$3,200|
|Individual international (GST not payable)||A$3,200|
Please see the Term and Conditions (PDF, 123.12 KB).
Visit the Sustainable Minerals Institute website.
GST is excluded from the costPayment options
We accept credit cards (Visa/MasterCard) for payment, including corporate credit cards. If you do not have access to a card, please contact our team at email@example.com to discuss your options.
Sir James Foots Building (#47A)
Corner of College Rd and Staff House Rd, The University of Queensland
Room 470, Level 4 Seminar Room
St Lucia, QLD, 4067