Who should attend
- Part 1 should be attended by specialist personnel including managers, engineers and other technical specialists.
- Part 2 should be attended by technical specialists or management roles that oversee the application of effective process safety strategies
There are no entry requirements to enrol in Part 1 of this course. Those seeking to enrol in Part 2 will be required to complete Part 1 or have an existing understanding of the fundamentals of process safety.
What you'll learn
Part 1: Introduction to process safety fundamentals which will help you:
- Explain the fundamental differences between personal safety, process safety and systems safety and functional safety.
- Describe key elements of process/systems safety management systems (PSMS) and how to assess these.
- Understand how systems safety analysis be integrated into other safety and risk management processes.
- Identify opportunities for improvement.
Part 2: Application and critique of process safety approaches which will help you:
- Develop skills in performing and/or critiquing the quality of key process safety approaches associated with risk assessment, risk treatment and event investigations.
- Develop skills in developing and assessing recommendations derived from process safety approaches.
- Develop skills in critiquing process and identifying S.M.A.R.T improvements to process safety management systems.
This is an in-person course that will require roughly 48 hours to complete.
- 20 hours of of studying using online materials
- 4-day in-person workshop (Parts 1 & 2)
- Part 1: 10 hours online study + day 1 & 2 of workshop
- Part 2: 10 hours online study + day 3 & 4 of workshop
Part 1 assessment will include:
- A quiz
- A process safety diagnostic exercise.
Part 2 assessment will include:
- The critiquing of two different process safety analyses.
Certification and accreditation
Showcase your capabilities with a Digital Certificate that verifies your skills and achievements.
|Part 1 (ex GST)
|Part 2 (ex GST)
|Part 1 & 2 (ex GST)
|Part 1 & 2 for 5 or more learners from the same organisation (ex GST)
Please see the Terms and Conditions (PDF, 123.12 KB) (PDF, 123.12 KB).
GST is excluded from the cost
We accept credit cards (Visa/MasterCard) for payment, including corporate credit cards. If you do not have access to a card, please contact our team at email@example.com to discuss your options.
Sir James Foots Building (#47A)
Corner of College Rd and Staff House Rd, The University of Queensland Room 470, Level 4 Seminar Room
St Lucia, QLD, 4067