Update your understanding of risk management and critical control systems with insights from the latest applied research.
- Learn from industry experts how to incorporate Critical Control Management (CCM) principles into your workplace.
- Identify your priority risks and implement critical controls to prevent incidents, and mitigate their impacts.
You'll learn from examples that demonstrate the practical application of key principles.
This course builds on the work covered in the Global Minerals Industry Risk Management program (G-MIRM).
Who should attend
The course is designed for professionals in the resources sector:
- experienced technical managers
- HSE managers
- government managers and officers, and contractors.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
What you'll learn
- Review the requirements and effectiveness of risk management systems and how to facilitate their improvement.
- Improved governance and decision-making.
- Skills to implement high-quality CCM.
- Implement and maintain CCM systems in the workplace.
This is an in-person or online course that will require roughly 7 hours to complete.
- Over 6 weeks
- With the option to complete online.
- Review of risk management system requirements
- Risk analysis through quality bowtie analysis
- Control and critical control selection processes
- Reporting on, and understanding critical control performance
- Verifying and maintaining critical controls
- Challenges faced when implementing the CCM approach.
There is no assessment for this course.
I found the course very useful not only in terms of the practical application of Bowties and the development of critical controls but also the implementation of a management system. The use of the maturity model to align with ICMM guidelines and provide pathway for implementation was really valuable.Steve Faulkner, Health and Safety Director, Teck Resources
|Individual domestic ex. GST||A$800|
|Individual international (GST not payable)||A$800|
Please see the Terms and Conditions (PDF, 123.12 KB).
Visit the Sustainable Minerals Institute website.
GST is excluded from the costPayment options
We accept credit cards (Visa/MasterCard) for payment, including corporate credit cards. If you do not have access to a card, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options.
Sir James Foots Building (#47A)
Corner of College Rd and Staff House Rd, The University of Queensland
Room 470, Level 4 Seminar Room
St Lucia, QLD, 4067